We are one of the leading orthopaedic referral services for small animals in the UK. We have an experienced team of Specialist orthopaedic surgeons who are committed to providing the best care to every patient. We are supported by a dedicated team of surgical ECVS residents, veterinary interns, RCVS registered veterinary nurses and animal care assistants.
As part of the largest specialist lead multidisciplinary referral hospital in the South West we are able to manage all orthopaedic cases to the highest standard and offer the latest evidence based treatments. All patient anaesthetics are overseen by specialist veterinary anaesthetists maximising patient safety. Complex cases, such as multiple trauma patients, requiring the input of other disciplines have the benefit of onsite specialists in soft tissue surgery, neurology, medicine, oncology, diagnostic imaging, emergency medicine and critical care. We also have onsite clinical laboratories.
We are happy to see both primary and secondary orthopaedic referrals of all small animal cases including:
* Total hip replacement (cats and dogs of all sizes)
* Musculoskeletal trauma (luxations, fractures and wounds)
* Angular limb deformity assessment and correction (including the latest 3D printing technology)
* Feline orthopaedic cases (both chronic and acute)
* Musculoskeletal neoplasia (including osteosarcoma)
* Cranial cruciate ligament disease
* Patellar luxation
* Complex forelimb and hindlimb lameness cases (including elbow dysplasia and osteoarthritis)
* Regenerative medicine cases (including Platelet Rich Plasma and Stem cell treatment)
We offer and discuss a range of treatment options for all cases we see, tailoring treatment to the individual.