Vet submission of swabs for cat genetic testing
Thank you to all our clients for continuing to use our Cat Genetic testing service throughout 2020, a challenging year for all. We wish you all a happy and healthy New Year for 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic we are working hard to continue to offer our Cat Genetic Testing Service. However, due to reduced staffing levels results may be delayed by up to 5 working days. For queries and advice please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can, we thank you for your patience.
Some ICC negative registers and some GCCF active registers require mouth swabs to be taken by a vet who confirms the cat's identity by its microchip number.
1. Request swabs using this form.
2. Receive swabs in the post
3. Print and complete the Vet Checked Submission Form, indicating the tests required and whether you will pay Langford Vets directly or if we should invoice your veterinary practice.
Cheques should be made payable to Langford Veterinary Services Ltd.
Test prices can be found here.
4. Take the swabs, form and your cat to your vet so that they can confirm your cat's identity
5. Your vet will swab your cat and sign and stamp your form
6. Your vet must post the sample and submission form to us
Cat Genetic Tests
BS40 5DU UK
If you are in the U.K. they can use our freepost label.
For submissions from outside the U.K.
In addition to the points above, please follow the guidance here.
7. Once we receive your samples we will unpack and process them.
8. The results will be emailed to you within five working days of us receiving your samples.