Owner submission of swabs for cat genetic testing
Thank you for your patience whilst we experienced some delays to our services as samples were held up due to Royal Mail strike action. Services have now returned to normal, but in the event of further Royal Mail strike action we may see increased turnaround times for some services. We always recommend urgent samples are sent to us by courier.
For queries please check our Frequently Asked Questions, for advice not covered please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can, we thank you for your patience.
1. Request swabs using this form.
2. Receive swabs in the post
3. Take mouth swabs from the cats you wish to test. See here for how to swab your cat.
4. Complete the online submission form or download and print it, indicating the tests required.
5. After you submit your online form you will be given an option to pay online, if you are unable to do this you can include a cheque made payable to Langford Veterinary Services Ltd with your swabs. Genetic test prices can be found here.
6. Put swab(s) in an envelope with the completed submission form (or a printout of the online submission form summary).
7. Post your samples to:
If you are in the U.K. you can use our freepost label.
For submissions outside of the U.K. please follow the guidance here and send to:
Cat Genetic Tests
BS40 5DU UK
8. Once we receive your samples we will unpack and process them.
9. The results will be emailed to you within five working days of us receiving your samples.