Travelling abroad with your pet

Travelling abroad with your pet


Recommended testing for imported or travelled dogs

Travelling abroad with your pet

In order for you to be able to travel with pet dogs, cats or ferrets outside of mainland Great Britain you will need some travel documentation. Travel to Northern Ireland or the EU requires an Animal Health Certificate (called an AHC). Travel to other countries will require an export certificate which is a more complex process.

Up to date information can be found on the government website APHA.

Your pet will need to have a microchip and be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before travel.
It is currently possible to travel with an existing EU pet passport as long as the rabies vaccine is still up to date. Please note that UK vets cannot add a rabies vaccine entry into an EU passport.

Please contact our team directly with any pet travel questions.

Register for our Newsletter


I am visiting as:

This site uses cookies. By proceeding you are agreeing to our Cookies and Privacy Policy, including the use of cookies and other tracking technologies.