We cater specifically for the needs of small holders and keepers of backyard herds and flocks. We are happy to provide advice no matter what your level of experience so don’t be embarrassed, please ask away!
We plan to resurrect our Langford Smallholder Club in the near future so please keep your eyes peeled.
Our key areas of service include:
- Advice on the legalities of keeping animals
- 24-hour emergency care of all species
- Herd/flock health planning: these are tailored to your animals and aim to minimise disease incidence in your animals
- Tailored parasite treatment and control plans, including faecal egg counts done at Langford Vets
- Vaccination programmes, individual to each species and the varying risks that each disease poses
- Nutrition advice for animals depending on their age and species
- Castration of young males
- Synchronisation of females and pregnancy scanning
- Guidance and support for animals giving birth and care of neonates
- Foot trimming
Learn about our Flock Health Club subscription here.