Website Privacy Notice
About this privacy notice
This privacy notice describes how Langford Veterinary Services (including the Stables Equine Practice) ('LVS' or 'we') collects and uses your personal data.
Personal data is information about you from which you can identified (either directly or indirectly).
We are a "controller" (also known as a "data controller") and are registered as such with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (Registrations numbers ZA058966 and Z9939207. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use personal data about you, and for explaining this clearly to you.
This notice applies to:
- Users of our website https://www.langfordvets.co.uk/ (our site); and
- any person who subscribes to our mailing lists.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy information or notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you. This is to help ensure that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Information we collect and process
We collect personal data direct from you when you enquire about our products and services, make a payment online, use our website and sign up to our newsletters.
We may collect further information from you during the period of our relationship.
We use your personal data to communicate with you, including to provide you with information and updates relating to the reason you have contacted us.
We set out below further information on these purposes and our lawful basis for processing such information.
- Online Payments
- When you make an online payment we will collect financial information and bank details relating to the performance of the contract. The lawful basis that we use here is contract, where the information is necessary to fulfil the contract between us, or is necessary for the purposes of entering into a contract.
- Users of our site:
- When you browse our site we may collect information about your preferences and the pages you are interested in.
- We also collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- We also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- This is for our legitimate interest in giving you content which is bespoke to you and making sure that our website runs smoothly.
- Subscribers to updates
- When you provide us with your email address, we will provide you with updates in relation to vacancies or newsletters related to Langford Vets.
- You will have provided your consent to be contacted via the sign up process. You have a right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting our Operations and Compliance Administrator, Darran Mason (email@example.com), or by clicking the link in any email that we have sent you. Any use of your personal data before you withdraw consent remains valid.
- Other Uses
- We may use your personal data in connection with legal disputes. Depending upon the nature of the dispute, we may have a legal obligation to use the information in this way. If there is no legal obligation, then we rely on the fact that it is a legitimate interest of ours to participate in/bring/defend any legal action relevant to our practice, or we rely on the legitimate interests of the individual/organisation pursuing their own legal dispute.
- Occasionally we may use consultants, experts and other advisors (including legal advisors and accountants) to assist us in fulfilling our obligations and to help run our services properly. We will share your information with them if this is relevant to the work they carry out. This is a legitimate interest of ours - to ensure that the practice is run properly and we can fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may share some information with our insurance company to make sure that we have the insurance cover that we need or in connection with an actual or possible claim - this is a legitimate interest of ours.
- If appropriate, we will share your information with individuals connected to LVS who are exercising their data protection rights, for example, when responding to a subject access request - we have a legal obligation to respond to such requests, and that is the legal basis for sharing your data in that circumstances.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- We will share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
- If ever in the future, we are considering restructuring LVS, we may share your information with the other parties involved and with the relevant professional advisors. This is for our legitimate interest in ensuring the continuation of the business.
- If we have a legal obligation to do so or for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your personal data with third party service providers who act on our behalf such as IT services providers.
- We use software to assist us with running the business of LVS, in particular we use WorldPay for the purposes of administering payments.
- We use third party "cloud computing" services to store some information rather than the information being stored on hard drives located at the University of Bristol.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please speak to the Operations and Compliance Manager.
Any personal data that you submit to us will be held on secure servers, based within the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long will we use your personal data for?
Usually, we only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you would like further information, please contact our Operations and Compliance manager, Darran Mason, using the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing in line with your rights.
Data protection legislation gives you a number of rights in your information. Your rights are as follows:
- Correction: if information LVS holds about you is incorrect you can ask us to correct it.
- Access: you can also ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy of it. This is commonly known as making a subject access request. We will also give you extra information, such as why we use this information about you, where it came from and what types of people we have sent it to.
- Deletion: you can ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances. For example, where we no longer need the information.
- Portability: you can request the transfer of your information to you or to a third party in a format that can be read by computer. This applies where (a) the information has been provided by you; (b) the basis that we are relying on to process your personal data is consent or contract (please see "Our purposes and lawful bases in more detail" above); and (c) the information is being processed by us on computer.
- Object: you may object to us using your personal data where:
- we are using it for direct marketing purposes;
- the lawful basis on which we are relying is either legitimate interests or public interest task. Please see the section "Our lawful bases for using your personal data" above;
- if we ever use your information for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- Restriction: you can request that we restrict how we use your personal data.
Our Operations and Compliance manager, Darran Mason, (email@example.com) can give you more information about your data protection rights. To exercise any of your rights you can submit your request in writing to Darran Mason firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
If you ask us to restrict our use of your personal data or delete it, we will not be able to provide you with our products or services.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office - ico.org.uk. If you do have any concerns about how we have handled your personal data we would kindly ask that you contact us in the first instance before you speak to the ICO so that we have an opportunity to put things right.
Langford Veterinary Services Ltd is a registered private Company 06798554
1Registered Office: Beacon House, University of Bristol, Queen's Avenue, Bristol, England, BS8 1SE