Due to the relocation of one of our brilliant assistants, we are looking to recruit a new colleague to join our sociable team of vets.
What we can offer you
- First and foremost, a friendly, stable and supportive team. Our current assistants have all been here for over 4 years and we are proud to have a kind, welcoming team.
- Client and case continuity. We don’t run zone days so no boring days spent vaccinating! We pride ourselves on excellent case continuity; we feel this provides great job satisfaction. Vets are encouraged to build their own client base within the supportive practice.
- Truly varied caseload: we have a diverse range of patients from international event horses to pet ponies and everything in between. We also have a small amount of stud work which you would be welcome to get involved with if this interests you. There are opportunities to help provide veterinary cover at a number of local events including point-to-points and Bath and West Show.
- Excellent support within the practice; we often refer internally between vets allowing colleagues to learn from each other and to follow areas of their own expertise and interest.
- Protected time in your diary following an evening or weekend on call for admin tasks or for follow-up appointments. 2 lieu days are provided per weekend on call; the rota would be 1 in 4.
- Generous benefits package including £2000 CPD budget, excellent sick pay, RCVS fees, practice work vehicle provided. A competitive salary is offered, commensurate with experience. Accommodation provided for 6 months if required. A work iPhone and iPad will be provided with access to our fully mobile Eclipse practice management system, granting you the ability to control your own diary. Generous pension scheme and BUPA benefits.
- Further clinical development is strongly supported; several of our vets are currently working towards certificates and vets are encouraged to pursue CPD in their areas of interest.
- Access to up-to-date mobile equipment including two portable digital radiography systems, two ultrasound machines with a range of probes, motorised dental floats, video gastroscope and endoscope and a lameness locator (Equinosis gait analysis system).
- Use of the purpose-built clinic with exceptional lameness investigation facilities, stabling for day patients, a large examination room and stocks. Our experienced Equine Technician is on hand to help vets in the clinic and on client’s yards.
- Exceptional location – we are located next to the stunning Mendip Hills with good access to the West Country and London. Bristol and Bath are both easily reached within an hour’s drive. Our friendly team of assistants enjoy riding, cycling, dog-walking and lots of pub trips outside of work.
What are we looking for?
- The right fit for our team! We are looking for an enthusiastic team-player who enjoys the challenges and benefits of a varied general practice caseload to join us. We are open to part-time working.
- We form part of the ambulatory rotation in final year for University of Bristol students and take great pride in providing students with good quality hands-on experience 3 days a week. We are looking for a colleague who will actively engage with this; there is scope to extend your participation with this if it is of interest for you.
- Due to the nature of the job, we are looking for someone with ideally 2+ years experience, but would be open to applicants with a minimum of 1 year experience in equine practice. For the right person, there is a position with some managerial roles available.
Please contact Nicko Robertson on 07971125665 or Tim Randle on 07890260971 for an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role.
Alternatively, please send a completed application form, CV and covering letter to the HR Team firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.
Any of our assistants (including the one who is relocating!) would also be happy to have a chat if you would like to speak to them.
Working at Langford Vets
We care about our team and offer a comprehensive employee benefits package. We're situated in a beautiful countryside location with good transport links. We are a group of teaching practices and have a responsibility for facilitating learning in a clinical environment, whilst maintaining excellent patient and client care. Langford Vets encourages a community spirit and great learning opportunities. As a Langford Vets employee you would benefit from a generous CPD allowance, one professional fee paid per year (related to role only), flexible working if applicable to role, friendly and supportive culture, free onsite parking Free eye test vouchers Free annual flu vaccination Death in service benefit
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Contributory (up to 8%) company pension scheme
50% employee discount on Langford Vets services
Enhanced maternity / paternity after 2 years’ service