Coronavirus - Small Animal Hospital Service Update
Update 18th June
We would like to thank all our referring vets and clients for their patience and understanding during the coronavirus pandemic. The situation is constantly evolving, and we are continuing to review our protocols and procedures, in line with the current government and RCVS guidelines. It is likely to be some time before we are back to ‘business as usual’, but we are pleased to announce that we are now able to accept more cases into the hospital. The safety of our staff and clients is very important and so we will continue to be following strict social distancing rules (which unfortunately means that clients will not be allowed into the hospital at present) and have stringent biosecurity measures in place.
All cases will continue to be assessed initially by teleconsultation (a telephone call in emergency cases). We will work with referring vets and owners to decide on the most appropriate treatment plan moving forwards from there, taking into account the animal’s condition, resources available and the current coronavirus restrictions.
Non-urgent referrals can be made using our online referral form; for emergency referrals please call us on 0117 394 0513 or 0117 394 0514.
Referring vets can also access our free of charge advice service using the online advice form.
Measures to help us take care for your pet when arriving at Langford Vets Small Animal Hospital with a patient
- When you arrive in the car park please call to let us know- (reception will advise a number to call when you speak to them). Please inform us if you are concerned your pet is unstable.
- Please wait in your car for our clinician to telephone you to take a history.
- Your pet will then be collected from the car by a staff member and an examination will be carried out.
- We will call you back to discuss a plan; a consent form will then be brought out for you to sign.
- Where possible we will ask you to bring your own pen to sign documentation.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept patient belongings, or to accommodate patient visits until further notice.
Our ways of working will be changing as government and RCVS guidance evolves so please ensure that the protocols suggested by our reception team are followed to ensure the safety of our team, our clients and our patients.