We're pleased to announce that further to popular demand, TB testing is once again available from our Farm Animal Practice. Having met with many of you over the first few months of this year, it was clear that offering a full farm service was important, and TB testing is a key part of this. Which is why we are pleased to announce that we will be resuming our contract with XL farmcare as a TB testing provider.
NEW! TB Testing slots
To ensure that TB testing doesn’t impact on our vets’ ability to provide a high level of care for individual sick animals or on our routine herd health work, we are changing the way TB testing is booked in.
TB testing will now be carried out in specific time slots. Slots will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so if you have little flexibility in when you can test you will need to ring in as far in advance as possible.
- In a big change from our old booking-in system we will now be running a TB testing time slot scheduling system (please see example table below for available slots)
- Tests over 100 animals will be offered the next available slot in their testing window
- There will be more slots for tests under 100 animals but these will be predominantly after 2pm
- If you have little flexibility on times/days you can test, please ring in as soon as possible after receiving notification to test so that we can do our best to accommodate you
- Slots will have vets automatically allocated based on their routine visit and other herd health commitments, so you will be assigned a vet to perform your test based on your chosen slot
What you need to do next:
- If you have not yet had notification of your next test contact XL farmcare immediately, request to change practice and they will send out a form for you to fill in. When this is returned your next test will be allocated to us (they must receive this request in writing from you, so if you want us to TB test for you this form needs filling in)
- If you have already had notification to test then this will still be carried out by another provider (contact us if you would like to discuss further), ring XL farmcare to request a change in preference form so that your next test will be allocated to us
If you have any enquiries or wish to discuss further, please contact the Practice on 01934 852650 or email email@example.com.